NEWS & PRESS
How to get a PCO Licence (Stansted Minicabs)
What is a PCO Licence?
The PCO Licence is also known as Private Hire Driver Licence. It allows you to work as a Minicab driver or chauffer. The PCO licence is valid for 3 years and is issued by Transport for London (TFL). With the PCO Licence, you are able to work as a driver for private operators.
Do I need PCO Licence to drive with Stansted Minicabs?
Yes. PCO Licence is necessary in order to drive with Stansted Minicabs.
- You need to be at least 21 years old with a valid UK driving licence for atleast 3 years.
- You should have a valid Criminal Record Check (DBS).
- You need to successfully complete a medical examination, and an English Language test.
How do I apply for a PCO Licence?
•    Criminal (DBS) Check:
•    Medical Test:
•    Topographical Skills Assessment:
Topographical Skills Assessment are conducted under exam conditions by TfL assessors.
•    English Language Test:
Cost of the PCO Licence
How to renew your PCO Licence
Your PCO Licence is valid for 3 years. To assist you, the Public Carriage Office (PCO) will send you your renewal forms a few weeks before the expiration date of your licence.
Note: It takes a few weeks for PCO Licence application to be processed. If you wait more than 3 months after your PCO Licence has expired, you will no longer be eligible for a renewal and be treated as a new applicant.